Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker pregnancy

Wednesday, June 21, 2006


It seems like everyday, Joey does something just a little different. Today, his smile seems to have gotten bigger.

Tonight, Patrick, his brother and I are going to a concert! It's our second time getting out by ourselves without Joey. It's going to be so nice to have a night to have fun and maybe even have a couple drinks. We're going to see one of my favorite bands, Lynyrd Skynyrd. I really need to start getting out more, it's like, I know I need to get out, but I don't want to leave Joey. And we don't leave him with just any babysitter, it's Patrick's sister Eileen who I trust with my life. Even when I leave Joey with Patrick, I feel like I have to hurry home to take care of Joey. Why can't I just take time for myself? Am I just weird or is it a first time Mom issue?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just being a mom! I remember the first time we left Kayla for just a couple of hours to go out to dinner. She was only a couple weeks old so I wasn't completely comfortable, but my mom was visiting and said to take advantage of it cause who knows when we would get out to have dinner by ourselves! A L&D nurse who helped deliver Kayla was at the restuarant and recognized us - I felt embarassed thinking I was out too soon w/out my baby! We didn't stay long and when we got home she had just started to fuss...I had tears in my eyes taking her from my mom LOL It does get easier though :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Jessica

It is the same for me. Vincent is only 6 weeks old, but I am totally paranoid about leaving him with someone else... I still have not done it. Bookie (my man :-)) took Vincent with him to the grocery store and some other errands last weekend, I just missed him soooo much, and when they came home again it was like christmas... Do you mind if I link your blog on my site? Joey looks so adorable! I love the smiling pictures you put on there :)