Tuesday, January 31, 2006
For those of you who don't know Chewie, just understand that he HATES our landlord whom lives upstairs and will bark, snarl and actully snap at him. It gets very old when the dog does this every single time Bruce goes in and out of his door (which is multiple times a day). He also barks out of control at anyone who comes to our door and isn't very nice to people at times. We're trying to break him of this habit before Joey comes. Locking him up doesn't work, yelling, screaming, nothing works! So we're trying this. Pat and I aren't trying to be mean to the little guy, he just needs to learn to stop barking like he does. He's a little yapper!
Edit: I read a little more into the collar... if he barks continously, the shock gets stronger. Well, he just had a really loud, long barking episode at Bruce and needless to say, it got him! He hasn't barked since :) I'll update soon!
My newest craving! CELERY!! Don't know why, but I've just been craving it! I ate a whole thing of celery the other day. I've never really been a big celery eater and now it's like all I can think of. Does celery even have any nutritional value?
Wow, I was just reading this online pregnancy guide... right now Joey weighs approx. 3-4 pounds! Only 2 more months to go! I still can't believe how close I am to having this little guy! So little time, so much to do!
Monday, January 30, 2006
Anyways, I had a nice weekend. Friday night, Patrick and I went to TGI Friday's. I didn't think I was ever going to stop eating! Saturday was our birthing class, aka Lamaze class. Pat and I couldn't help but laughing at times. We did learn a lot of helpful information, I don't want to call it good info cause for me, it's going to be PAINFUL, but that's ok. Joey will be worth it! Then we went over to Pat's parents house for dinner. Sunday, I did absolutly nothing! I felt sick most of the day until the middle of the afternoon, but then I still didn't feel right. I probley did too much on Saturday. Oh well.
I guess I better get some stuff done today. I need to call and order oil to heat the house with (buh-bye $400), and do laundry.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
I'm starting to get homesick again, the worst part is... the doctors don't want me traveling anymore! I miss my family and friends back in Ohio so bad right now and it sucks since the next time I'll be able to travel is after I have Joey and he's able to travel which could take a couple months. I can't ride in a car for 12 hours and I can't fly due to the cabin pressure! I've never felt so stuck before! Not to mention so lonely... don't get me wrong, Patrick's family is awesome, but I need my family and friends too. At least my parents, Carrie, and brother will come up here when Joey is born (10 weeks to go!).
Ok, well I better get working on laundry and whatever else I can find to clean!
Monday, January 23, 2006
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Thursday, January 19, 2006
My parents had my dog, Peanut put to sleep this morning. I grew up with that dog, we've had her since I was 10 years old. The past couple months, she started getting sicker and sicker and finally stopped eating. My parents decided it was best to put her down.
Nutty was with me through good times and bad. She actully helped to pull me through some rather tough times. I am going to miss her terribly.
RIP Peanut- My Nutty Buddy
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Monday, January 16, 2006
Thursday, January 12, 2006
There are so many more things I need to do to prepare for Joey's arrival. Set up our birthing classes, get a tour of Yale's Maternity Center, take pre-baptism classes at church, find a pediatrican that has experience with Down Syndrome, and my favorite... fix up his nursery!!!!!!!! At times I feel so over whelmed not knowing if I'm missing something that I need to do. I've even gone as far as looking online for a list to look off of for stuff to pack when I go to the hospital!
I better go before I drive myself even more crazy thinking of all the things I still need to prepare for, time to do laundry!
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
24 Fun Things To Do In An Elevator...
1. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, dammit, all of you just shut UP!"
2. Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly.
3. Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside ask: "Got enough air in there?"
4. Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside-down.
5. Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
6. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
7. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral.
8. On the highest floor, hold the door open and demand that it stay open until you hear the penny you dropped down the shaft go "plink" at the bottom.
9. Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: "I've got new socks on!"
10. When at least 8 people have boarded, moan from the back: "Oh, no, not now, damn motion sickness!"
11. Meow occasionally.
12. Holler "Chutes away!" whenever the elevator descends.
13. Walk on with a cooler that says "human head" on the side.
14. Stare at another passenger for a while, then announce "You're one of THEM!" and move to the far corner of the elevator.
15. Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers "through" it.
16. When the elevator is silent, look around and ask "is that your beeper?"
17. Say "Ding!" at each floor.
18. Say "I wonder what all these do" and push the red buttons.
19. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
20. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your "personal space."
21. Announce in a demonic voice: "I must find a more suitable host body."
22. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
23. Wear "X-Ray Specs" and leer suggestively at other passengers.
24. Stop at every floor, run off the elevator, then run back on.
Monday, January 09, 2006
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Anyways, we had one heck of a snow storm yesterday. I find it so funny that they name the big snow storms up here. This was the second one of the season, "Winter Storm Beverly". I just find that weird.
I have to agree with Josh... I think the Bengals will go to the Super Bowl. Gotta have faith.... it's been way too long since they've had the chance and they kick ass this year. It would be awesome if it was the Bengals vs. the NY Giants (Pat's favorite team). Both teams have had great seasons. Monday night was awesome when OSU beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame is not only Pat's favorite team, but also his father's. So I had my minute of glory when OSU won. It felt great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, January 02, 2006
Saturday, Pat and I cleaned all day. His family came over that night to exchange gifts and to watch the ball drop. I think the funniest gift of all was the gift that Steph and Christopher gave Patrick. It was this old, ripped up T-Shirt of his that I couldn't stand! I tried throwing it away but he wouldn't let me, well, they took it and framed it along with a picture they found of him wearing it years ago. It was great!
Yesterday, we were lazy and didn't do much of anything. Went to church and that was about it. I didn't feel too good, so I slept a lot. Oh, I made chicken and noodles... it was pretty good.
Ok, I guess that's about it for now!