Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker pregnancy

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Well, I called my favorite aunt on Monday to see if it was ok to stop by and see her and my uncle. She took a huge breath and said "no, I can't be around Joey for a while". I didn't fully understand at first and she proceeded to tell me that she's been hiding something from me, cancer and that she's on chemotherapy until November and can't be around children. She has lymphoma in her mouth on the inner part of her upper gum. She didn't want to upset me until she knew how bad it was going to be and she didn't want me worrying. Luckily, it's isolated and they were able to remove the tumor. Please say a prayer for her if you could.

THEN, my Grandma has been having asthma attacks one after another for a the past week. She went to her regular doctor and she was told that it was her allergies. My aunt ended up taking her to the hospital on Thursday. During all the tests, the doctors discovered that she had 700cc of fluid around her left lung and 500cc around her right. We were told it was either cancer, a bad infection or possibly her heart. The tests were furthered and she has a severely leaking mitral valve on her heart. Needless to say, she goes in for a heart cath on Monday and open heart surgery mid to late this upcoming week. Pray for her too.

These two women are two of my favorite people in the world and who I'm the closest to out of both sides of my family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a scary time for your family right now! I'm so sorry to hear what both your aunt and grandma are going through. I will keep both of them in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, We are definitely thinking of you over here. I hope they both recover fast and well and that you all can continue to have fun together.

Hugs and Kisses to Joey too.

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I'm hoping that all will be well for both your grandmother and your aunt. I will pray for them as well.

I read your comment on my blog. I'd love it if you'd participate in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange next Friday. It's easy to do. Just post your recipe on your blog (you can copy and paste my FIF picture into your post if you'd like) and then stop back at my blog and leave the link to that post so that we can see what's cooking at your house! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! play craps Lamborghini ci gniki Acura integra cooling fan relays nexium testimony Ionamin on line prescription learn online craps Jowl cheek liposuction African american women hair loss home insurance Hands free barcode scanner Ciprofibrate zocor Saab ireland http://www.business-interuption-insurance.info jvc batteries Tamiflu slovakia