Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker pregnancy

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Joey update

I took Joey to the eye doctor the other day to see for sure if he had a modest left esotropia and thankfully he does not! So no glasses are needed yet! The eye doctor said he will probably need them in a couple years though. He also said that Joey has those brushfield spots that are a common trait with Down syndrome. I guess I never noticed them before :)

Joey is getting so good at sitting up for longer periods of time and reaching for things while sitting. He still can't catch himself when he falls so he throws a fit when he hits the ground. I keep thinking he's going to start crawling, but he can't get up on his hands and knees at the same time. He can do both, just not together. He is finally not buckling his knees when I hold him up to stand by his hands. I can't get over how much he loves to stand! His PT comes this afternoon so we'll see what she has to say.

7 comments:

L. Noelle said...

I'm so happy to hear that! Good for him! Stop by and say hi today if you can! Noelle

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I'm so glad the eye appt. went well and that he's eating again too. Sitting is so hard - but it sounds like he's making great progress!

Anonymous said...

He's getting so big!!! He'll be crawling before you know it, and then he'll be getting into everything!!LOL

Kari said...

Great news on the eye appointment!
Enjoy him because once they are crawling and then walking then running they never go back. I sure miss the baby stages!

Leslie said...

Glad it went well! Jack has BS too and I think they are so pretty! Jack also has something a little odd...his pupils sit on the edge of his iris...not in the middle. It freaked me OUT when I first noticed it. But it doesn't affect his vision and will probably always be like that. It's a little freaky though! (You only notice it if you're right on top of him thankfully!)

Isn't it cool how they can examine them when they're so tiny?!?

Hope you're all better soon!!

Leslie said...

BS = Brushfield Spots. Sorry...I reread that and cringed.

:)

Michelle said...

sounds like a great update! and WTG on sitting longer and playing in sitting Joey!