Friday, February 16, 2007
Favorite Ingredient Friday
1. 1 pound ground beef
2. 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
3. 1 cup water
4. 6 green bell peppers
5. 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
6. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
7. 1/2 onion chopped
8. salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
3. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
4. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, garlic powder, and chopped onion. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Pour remaining tomato sauce over the stuffed peppers.
5. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
For more Favorite Ingredients Fridays, go visit Overwhelmed With Joy!
Previous Favorite Ingredient Friday recipes:
Chocolate Pancakes- Valentine's Day Chocolate Edition
Skyline Chili Dip- Super Bowl Edition
Cheesy Potato Soup
Peanut Butter Cookies
Saurkraut and Pork Roast
Snicker Doodle Cookies