Friday, November 10, 2006
Favorite Ingredient Friday
To help celebrate my new founded pregnancy, I've decided to do recipes of things I will be craving and the first is my mom's pecan pie!! Also a great recipe for Thanksgiving!!
Mom's Pecan Pie
1. 3 Slightly beaten eggs
2. 1 cup of corn syrup
3. 2/3 cup sugar
4. 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
5. 1 teaspoon vanilla
6. 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
7. Pie Crust (mom cheats and buys premade)
1. Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in pecans.
2. Pour filling into pie crust and place in oven.
3. To prevent overbrown of crust edges, place foil around egdes of pie. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes then remove foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
To see more Favorite Ingredient Fridays, or to participate, go to Overwhelmed With Joy!