Sunday, November 05, 2006
Sharing Gifts From The Heart
Recipe for Spicy Oatmeal Raising Cookies ingredients in a jar
1. 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2. 1/3 cup sugar
3. 3/4 teaspoon allspice
4. 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
5. 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
6. 1 cup flour
7. 1 cup quick-cooking oats
8. 3/4 cup raisins
9. 1/2 cup walnuts
Instructions for jar:
1. In a 1 quart jar, pack brown sugar in bottom and make it as level as possible. Pour sugar over and level.
2. In small bowl, combine allspice, baking powder, baking soda and flour mixture over sugar. Level carefully, then tamp down.
3. Pour oats over flour and level. Sprinkle raisins on top and press down. Sprinkle nuts over raisins. Place lid on jar.
Instructions for baking:
(I usually print the baking instructions out on a pretty piece of paper and cut out card to look nice & crafty)
-1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (softened)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour contents of jar into large mixing bowl. Add egg and softened butter (or margarine).
2. Beat on low speed or mix by hand until mixture is thoroughly blended.
3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to cooking rack. (Makes 2 to 2 1/2 dozen)
-1 cup powdered sugar, divided
-1-2 tablespoons milk
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. In small bowl, combine powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth, adding additional milk as necessary until drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over cookies and let set.
*For more Sharing Gifts from the Heart or if you would like to participate, go to Kaffee Klatsch!