Friday, November 17, 2006
Favorite Ingredient Friday
Snickerdoodle Cookies (Another craving of mine in the past week)
1. 1/2 cup shortening
2. 1/2 cup or 2 tablespoons sugar
3. 1 egg
4. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5. 1 cup or 4 tablespoons flour
6. 1/4 teaspoon salt
7. 1 teaspoon baking power
8. 4 tablespoons of cinnamon
9. 4 tablespoons of sugar
1. Cream the shortening, sugar and egg with electric mixer until smooth.
2. Sift flour, onto a wax paper, about 1 1/2 cup.
3. Measure flour, salt, and baking powder into sifter and sift over a small bowl.
4. Add the sifted ingrediennts into the sugar and shortening and egg mixture and mix well.
5. Add vanilla and stir again.
6. Dough should be soft and easy to handle. Add a little more flour (about a tablespoon or so) if dough sticks to your hands.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set out cookies sheets lined with foil 8 combine suger and cinnamon into a small bowl and set out side
9. Roll pieces of dough into the size of a small jawbreaker. Roll the ball into the sugar cinnamon mixture. Place on a foil line cookie sheet, three across and five down. Place the rack in the middle of the oven.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown. Cookies will puff up and then will flatten down and have a crispy top.
11. Let the cookies cool on the rack.
For more Favorite Ingredient Fridays, go to Overwhelmed With Joy!