Friday, January 19, 2007
Favorite Ingredient Friday
Cheesy Potato Soup
1. 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2. 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
3. 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
4. 4 cups water
5. 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
6. 15 slices American cheese - broken into pieces
7. 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8. 2 1/3 cups milk
9. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onions and celery in the butter for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
2. Stir in the water and potatoes, bring to a boil and then simmer until the potatoes are tender. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the flour and the milk and stir well until the flour is mostly dissolved. Pour this into the soup slowly, stirring constantly, until soup has thickened, about 5 minutes. Garish with parsley.
For more Favorite Ingredient Fridays, go to Overwhelmed With Joy!
Previous Favorite Ingredient Friday recipes:
Peanut Butter Cookies
Saurkraut and Pork Roast
Snicker Doodle Cookies