Friday, December 15, 2006
Favorite Ingredient Friday
1. 3 cups sugar
2. 3/4 cup(1 /12 sticks) butter or margarine
3. 1 small can (5 oz) evaporated milk
4. 1 1/2 package (12 squares) Baker's semi sweet baking chocolate, chopped
5. 1 jar (7 oz) jet-puffed marshmallow creme
6. 1 tsp vanilla
7. 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
-Heat sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3 quart heavy saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil on medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, about 4 minutes. Removed from heat.
-Stir in chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted; stir in vanilla and walnuts.
-Spread immediately in foil lined 9 inch square pan. Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
-Makes 3 lbs or 40 serving.
*This is the same recipe my mom has used for as long as I can remember to give out to family and friends around Christmas.
*For more Favorite Ingredient Fridays, go visit Overwhelmed With Joy!