Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker pregnancy

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

25%!!!!!!!!

I was doing my usual online search of various articles on Down syndrome when I came across this one today. It's not the full text but you'll get the point. It's from the OB GYN news and the statistic is awful! Only 25% of women with prenatal diagnosis say no to abortion! Only 25%! There are so many families out there who would LOVE to adopt, why abort?! I had heard before that around 80% of babies with trisomy 21 were aborted but I had never seen it in writing and to do so hurts. Gaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Since I'm on a rant about abortion, I just found another article and the only thing I have to say is, you go girl! "Pro-Life Nurse's Refusal to Do Abortions Changes Chicago Hospital Policy" by Steven Ertelt. A nurse in Chicago refused to assist in the abortion of a 22 week old fetus with trisomy 21 and her decision helped other medical workers at the hospital who didn't know that they had a choice to participate or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

abortion really sickens me. when I was pregnant with the Beast, we chose to take the test for birth defects, only so we would be prepared, and because my ob/gyn told us that waiting lists for schools for children with Down's Syndrome are sometimes 2 years long...so we wanted to know to get on a list if that would be the case. Wow, that was one long run-on sentence!! LOL.

Michelle said...

I completely know how you feel and heavy this makes my heart as well.

I saw that article yesterday, and although the 22 week preterm baby was still aborted, I thought it very admirable of that nurse to stand up for what she believed in.