Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker pregnancy

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What a difference!

It's amazing the difference in Joey since his surgery last Friday. I always thought he was an alert little guy before, but now he's completely different. I didn't realize how much he couldn't hear. He never used to jump when there was a loud noise or wouldn't always turn his head when we called his name. Now he does! He's actually gotten so startled that after he jumped, he started crying! I just can't get over the difference!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That the cutest picure of joey. It so perfect.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I am glad the tubes are helping.

Jessica said...

They actually couldn't get the tubes in his ears. His ear canals are too small, but the ENT is going to try again in April. The doctor was just able to clean all the fluid & wax out, he said Joey's ears were full!

Amy said...

That is great news! My Joe sees an ENT every 2 months to have his ears cleaned (just with water in the office, not surgery). In between we squirt baby oil in his ears everyday and that moves the wax out.

Connie said...

Awww what a sweet guy! Glad it helped him :)

Heather Noel said...

That is so cool, that he can hear better. And I love the picture. He is so adorable.

Carey said...

that is awesome! Great photo.

Amy said...

My oldest had his second set of tubes when he was three or so. His first words out of recovery were "Hey Mom! I can hear you!" Sometimes you have no idea how bad it is until it's fixed! What great news for you!!

Michelle said...

Oh I'm so glad that you can see a difference for Joey!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news and what a wonderful smile. He looks very happy.

Christina M said...

Hi Jessica.
I used this post on a Swedish DS forum I am part of. One of the mom was recomended that they did the same thing with the ears as Joey just did. She was nervous about it and asked if anyone had experience. So i put a link to your blog in, hope it is ok.

Christina