Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker pregnancy

Monday, January 15, 2007

back in the day...

I often sit back and think about my days in high school. My friends, the things we did together (some I regret, some not), and my days in AFJROTC and marching band (yeah, I was a dork). There are some I still have contact with, and some I wish I could be in contact with. Many have grown up, some still have growing up to do. I was part of a very close net group of friends. We all were in either band or ROTC together. I was fit and in shape, not to mention about 30+ pounds lighter than I am now. I love popping a tape in of an old marching band performance and picking myself out. Some of my friends joined the military, some went away to college, and some stayed home and went to local colleges. I wish I could find the few I have no clue where they are. I have a myspace and a facebook account and unfortunately, not everyone is on them.

(I'm the second from the left)

Then I look back on the couple years before I moved up here to Connecticut. I worked my butt off at various jobs, hung out at a local bar (often drinking too much) and taking turns with Patrick flying back and forth so we could see each other every other month or so. I am a much different person I was back then, I have grown up more in the past 2 years than I ever thought I could.

But yet, I look back on the old days, and miss it. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my life back for anything now. Being home all day long DOES get very lonely though, I know I could get out more but part of me just doesn't want to.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post, but just wanted to let any of my friends from Ohio know that I miss them. If any of you guys stumbled across this link via my myspace or facebook profiles and now read this, be sure to drop me a comment saying hi!

8 comments:

L. Noelle said...

You still look great! :) Noelle

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not an old Ohio friend, but I am a stay at home mom who sometimes misses, just for a second, the old life. No responsibilities, no one to take care of but myself. It's WAY better now!

Scott said...

Wow... that picture takes me back. Those were the days, huh?

Anonymous said...

I was so not involved in highschool. I should have been though...it would have kept me out of trouble. I'm gonna make sure my girls are very active in hs...so they have better stuff to do after school than get in to trouble.

Anonymous said...

Well I have a confession "I was a band geek (as I call myself) too LOL. We had a marching band also which here in Canada is not a popular thing, but it was fun. I dare not pull out my old pictures as well 3 kids later time has time has not been pretty LOL.

Christina M said...

I know what you say about the day getting long... I try to do one thinge ach day just tto get out of the apartment. we have been lucky with beautiful and warm weather so we are still doing long walks almost every day.
Cool pic, we don't have that kind of stuff in high school in Sweden.

Carey said...

I think we all feel that way at some point...miss the days of not having so much responsibility. I too, would not change it for anything. I love the life i have now, being a mom and a wife. Have you considered finding your friends on www.classmates.com or on your high schools alumni page(if they have one). I know they have worked for me.

Starbuck said...

Ha, that was at Centerville wasn't it?

I miss it too. Luckily, my profession is such, that I will be there, teaching it. Though the thing I miss most is actually doing it.