Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker pregnancy

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mr. Attitude

Last week I started giving Joey stage 3 fruits and veggies and the other day I gave him stage 3 meat for the first time. The first couple bites he gagged on a little, then after that he actually did really good. So yesterday, Joey's OT wanted to watch him eat and was very happy with how he was chewing and swallowing the stage 3 meat. I had bought some biter biscuits and meltable puffs at the store last week so she wanted to see how he reacted to them. To put it mildly, he doesn't like them at all. We put a puff on his tongue and he got sooooo mad and started screaming! So, after it melted and he swallowed it, he went back to being happy so we tried giving him a biter biscuit. He liked playing with it, but the second it touched his tongue, no way! Started screaming again. Joey's OT warned me it might take multiple tries to get him to eat more solid food, but I didn't think he would react the way he did. My little Mr. Attitude.



This morning, he once again wasn't in the best of moods. He would play for a little while, get mad and would start crying. I'm guessing either his teeth are bothering him or he has a tummy ache. So, I just gave him prunes in case he's constipated again and Tylenol in case it's his teeth. Either way, it'll help him out in the long run. Right now he's crying to sleep in his crib and I'm patiently waiting for him to fall asleep so I can take a nap too! It's only 10 am, and I already need a nap!

I hope after his nap, Mr. Attitude has gone for a vacation and my Mr. Happy Joey is back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be in the weather or something. LOL. Just a minuted ago The FM pickd up the Beast to play with her and she just started having a screaming fit! We don't know what is wrong with her! I tried to comfort her and she screamed louder!!! Where's the whiskey when you need it?? LOL

The Mom said...

Hee hee - attitudes R us :) I'd say it's something to do with the 21st chromosome, but all my other kids have it in abundance too - so that can't be it :)

WHoooo hoooo on the stage 3 meats!!! Brady started to really show food texture aversions by stage 3, so you're doing great!!! I'm sure once he gets used to the other things he'll love them too!

Puffy cheetos have always been a big hit at our house ;) not exactly healthy - but definitely YUM!!!

Joey is a doll - I hope he goes to sleep for you, and wakes up happier :)

CJ said...

Oh girl, just wait! The older they get the bigger their attitudes get!!

Michelle said...

I hope Mr Attitude woke up as Mr happy!

Pam said...

That is too funny....Rhett has had a huge attitude latley too....the litte goober. All of the sudden he knows exactly what he wants, and gets so frustrated when he can't tell you.

Right now he does this little thing where he flails his arms and hands and grunts. I know he is trying to tell me something...he must think I am a complete idiot.