Friday, October 06, 2006
5 Ingredient Friday
One Dish Spicy Chicken Mac and Cheese
-1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, diced (rotel)
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
-1 (12 ounce) package macaroni shells and cheese
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Spray large skillet with cooking spray and saute chicken on medium-high heat for about 5 minute or until cooked through.
2. Drain liquid from tomatoes into a 2 cup liquid measuring cup and add enough hot water to measure 1-3/4 cups.
3. Add macaroni, tomatoes and the tomato liquid mixture to the pan and mix well.
4. Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 9 to 10 minute or until macaroni is tender.
5. Remove from heat and stir in cheese sauce from mac and cheese package and sour cream until well blended.
6. Sprinkle with shredded cheese on top and cover.
7. Let stand 1 to 2 minute or until cheese is melted.
-TIP: Reduced fat items can be used but I don't recommend nonfat.
**I actully was just online looking for new cassaole/ one dish recipes and came across this one, and since it sounds so yummy, I thought I would share it!
For more 5 Ingredient Fridays, go visit Overwhelmed With Joy!