Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker pregnancy

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm not sure if I've ever posted much on signing, but I took American Sign Language in college for 3 years. I never finished my degree in Interpreting, but I did recieve a certification in Manual Communications.

I've been signing with Joey, but I can't teach the rest of our family myself. It's too hard to teach everyone. Not to mention, I need some refreshers here and there. I keep reading about everyone and how much they love the Signing Time DVDs.Does anyone know where I can buy some of the Baby Signing Time DVDs besides EBay or their home page? They're so expensive on both of those places and we just can't afford to spend that kind of money right now. Let me know if anyone has any ideas!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah they are kind of expensive! I even check on amazon.com to see how much used ones were and they are only a couple $ cheaper, so not much help there.

For one of the sets that we got we asked Kayla's grandparents (Joe's parents and mine) to both go in for a Christmas present -which they all did. That helped so it wasn't one person buying a set. Would that be an option for you?

Anonymous said...

We bought a box with cards and signs on them. It costs approx $50 for the first 200 words. They are really easy to learn, and for us it is great that they are international signs. In German it is called GUK Gebarende Unterstutzungs Kommunikation. We learned about it at the DS congress we went to. Dr. Etta Wilken has written alot about DS and communication. bookie and me are both new to signing and we learned the signs very easily and quickly.

Amy said...

Check out Half.com It's the sister company to Ebay but you pay up front - no bidding. I can find some great deals. Let me know! Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey, why not add a Signing Time ad to your blog to help pay for the DVDs. They have a new affiliate program. Just a thought. (They are GREAT shows!!!)

The Mom said...

They are expensive, but I tell you, Baby SigningTime is worth it's weight in gold. I agree with Michelle, see if grandparents or aunts or uncles can give them to Joey for Christmas or his birthday. That is what we did at first with the regular signgingtime dvd's, until we got hooked :) They didn't have Babysigningtime when we started, but I wish they had, I know Brady would have been very taken with it - it's much more geared to little ones!

How cool that you took ASL in college - my fingers just don't seem to work so well, you would laugh to see me fingerspelling LOL