Monday, October 02, 2006

Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style



Oven Baked Chicken Salad
-2 Cups of cooked chicken (shredded)
-1 cup chopped celery
-1/2 cup salted cashews (chopped)
-3 tbsp lemon juice
-1/2 cup chopped green peppers
-1 tsp salt
-1 cup mayo
-1/4 tsp sweet basil
-1/4 cup chopped pimento
-1/2 cup milk
-1 can french fried onions
-paprika


Directions
-mix all of the ingredients except 1/2 can french fried onions & paprika. Pour into greased casserole dish. Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and top with remaining onions & sprinkle with paprika. Bake 5 minutes longer uncovered.

Category: appetizer, side dish, or snack


For More Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style, go to Overwhelmed With Joy!

14 comments:

Sue said...

This sounds really yummy! Thanks for sharing...

Pamela said...

Ummm, Chicken with cashews, french fried onions and all those other goodies sounds great! Thanks :)

Jen said...

This sounds too good...thanks for sharing
jen

Kathleen Marie said...

This sounds perfect for the holidays. I love things you can throw together when things get busy and I love chicken and the cashews. I love nuts! Thanks!

Magi said...

I bet this would also be great with leftover turkey. Thanks for the recipe!

Larae said...

Yummy! I have to make this very soon. Thanks for sharing =)

Brony said...

I don't think this need to wait for the holidays. I might just pass it along to Hubby right away.

Overwhelmed! said...

You know, I love the simplicity of this recipe...mix and bake! I've never tried cashews or pimento wiith a chicken dish, but it sounds wonderful! I think Oronzo's going to like this one!

Thanks so much for participating in my Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange. I really do appreciate it!

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

Ooh, I can't wait to get home and get hooked up to my printer so I can print out all of these yummy recipes!!! I'll have my own little holiday cookbook, Bloggerstyle!

Michelle said...

Oh this sounds so yummy! I love chicken salad and oven baked sounds great!

mum2brady said...

Yum - I'm going to have to print this one out! Thanks!

Tammy and Parker said...

This sounds AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing!

erika said...

We are French's Onions fans in this house. We will certainly be giving this recipe a try soon.

Lori said...

Wow, that sure sounds delicious! I think I will have to try that BEFORE the holidays get here!
Thanks for sharing!